Monday, November 17, 2014

Entire Sunday I dated with Half Girlfriend:

Summary of the book was already done by Mr. Sherab. I read his summary and he touched every part of the book. If you would like to visit his summary then this is the link.

First of all let me not forget to thank Ugyen Gyeltshen Sir for his creditable account for lending a book to me. He mentioned me not to thank. UG sir, I am sorry la. My post would be incomplete without thanking you la. I hope you won’t mind.
I can’t believe myself that I finished a novel in a day. I used to say that reading is not a part of my hobby. I do not read more than 15 minutes truly and I always used to admire the book worm, wising to be like them. Something miracle happened to me right. LOL :D
 I received the book on Wednesday; but I could start only on Sunday. Wednesday till Saturday kept me busy with paper work at school, preparing for an annual examination.
Once met owner of the book on air, I mean online.
He asked me, ‘How do you find the book?’:P .
Shall I turn into offline mode, pretending not to see his messages? Oh that’s cruel!  I was in guilt cuz I didn’t read the book. What reply should I give? Mulled for few seconds…
 I responded him saying that,
“Good evening sir.
 I didn’t finish reading la.
It is very nice book.
 I read the summary of the book from Sherabs blog, I wanted to read it. So, I hunted for the book… blah blah…”
I diverted the topic.
Haha any ways he understood, that she is yet to start the book.
He wrote, ‘Take your own time.’
Ah! I took long breath and I wrote.
‘Thank you J
:) <3
Sunday, I woke up early and I did all those necessary house hold chores quickly. After that I sat on the chair with Half Girlfriend and dated whole day.LOL.
I experienced the beauty of reading.
I didn’t summarize the book but I answered few questions: Please go through.

Characters in the story:
·        Mrs. Riya Somani,  is the daughter of the rich business man. Resided in Delhi. Riya is Mahadevs wife. She is very beautiful and fluent in English.
·        Mr. Rohan Chandak, a son of a rich family. 24 yrs old man running his own business. Married Riya and divorced.
·        Mr. Mahadev, the narrator of the novel, and the husband of Riya.He is from Dumraon in Bihar. Poor man but rich heart J
·        Mr. Mahendra Somani. is the father of Riya. He has got a less sense of humour.
·        Mrs.  Jayanti somani, is the mother of Riya.
·        Mr. Piyush Yadav is the sport teacher at St. Steven college…
·        Shayam; two years son. Riya described him as, ‘dare devil grandson.’
·        Rani sahiba, mother of Mahadev, Kind, sweet but disciplined woman.
·       Mr. Shilesh: Friend of Mahadev in college who lend his blazer and shirts to Mahadev when he first visited Riya’s house. He also provided free residence for Mahadev in USA for three months.


  •     Mrs. Joyti: Girl friend of Shilesh. Kind and beautiful.
Source: google

What do you like or dislike about story and why?
There are a lot of things that I liked from the story but the very moment that captured my mind is: DIVORCE and I LOVE YOU.
When Mahadev enquired about Rohan, she said,’We got DIVORCED’. That’s painful for Riya but that is the best news for Mahadev.
When Mahadev reads Riyas letter at his home in Bihar, latter sentence of Riya’s letter read, “I LOVE YOU” ‘three words eight letters but so powerful huh. That three words sentence gave a strength for Mahadev to search Riya nook and corner of the world, finally Mahadev found Riya. He asked her hand and she agrees to marry him. That’s BEAUTIFUL J. They came to Bihar and ran the school.
But the only thing that I didn’t like was that sunning news of the Riya’s marriage with Rohan. I felt what, two bastards are doing. She said that, Rohan is also a Rakhi brother. How dare she marry with brother, thought she is bitch :P.

Your opinion of the illustrations tastes and figures.
The book may be predictable in parts, but that does not prevent from the beauty of this story. This is a beautiful, romantic, heart-warming story that will sure to leave you board smile at the end. I was immediately captivated and transported into the world of Madhav Ja &Riya.

What you felt as you read?
As I came across this book “Half Girlfriend” by Chitan Bhagat it was so sweet, simple, humorous, emotional and heart touching story. Truly I had a mixture of feeling; emotion stretches from laughter to frustration. That I couldn’t help myself to stop the tears roll down my cheeks when Riya left Mahadhev. Parle-G packets around him, weeding invitation on his hand, eww hard moment for me to swallow on other hand I cannot stop my laughter when Mahadev understand English in other ways and looking at his frustration during the interview: ‘These English speaking monsters would eat me alive’ LOL

What you noticed while you read?
As I went on reading this story, gradually their acquaintance bloomed into friendship and then to Half Girlfriend-Half boyfriend, later to love. Everything felt just picture perfect but author didn’t tell us what happened to her lung cancer. Author, brilliantly captures the emotions of human heart which will tug the reader’s hearts but peculiarly falls short on the passion that this kind of story desperately deserves.

Questions you have after reading.
  •     What it really means to love another by helping your love's dream become a reality.
  •    Love is always ready to excuse, trusting, to hope, to endure whatever comes, stay true. But why did Riya married Rohan?
  •      Riya never mentioned that her dad was a heart patient. He died because of heart attack. Was it all because of Riya’s divorce? If it so then, why did he left separate deposit for Riya?
  •    Why Riya is less connected with her families? Is that what happened in high class family?



What it reminded you of?
It just reminded me of my own life :………………………………………………………………………………………. yet to tell 1001 stories of my life :P

What you wondered?
As I read the story I just wondered of how this sweet tale of young but everlasting love can mean so much to someone and if the people when they read the story will really understand what it really means. So, please read it.

What you learned?
The very important thing that I learned from this story is that we should be true to one person who is tattooed in our heart, rather than wasting our time caring and thinking so much to the people who don’t care about us.

 What you thought was important?
We should share our dreams, aspirations and passions with each other. Though you will have bitter-sweet endings to things sometimes but we cannot afford to think that it’s the end, instead move on with the memories that we held within us.

What you think will happen next?
I really cannot say what will happen next.
Any ways let me guess, Mahadev and Riya will have next daughter child. They will also visit the Riya’s place in Delhi during vacations. Else both of them will be always dedicated in their work forever, in their non-profitable school, and improves the standard of English in their Hindi medium school as Riya speaks fluent English. She would be teaching English to her students. Mahadev’s Ma(mom) would be smiling board with warm heart playing with grand son and a daughter.

Write over all conclusion in a sentence :P.
Poor man rich heart, rich man poor heart.

No comments: