Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Happy Teacher’s Day


source: internet.


I had a bit of research on Teacher’s Day celebration and I found out that this day is observed on different dates depending on the countries’ decision. However, the World Teacher’s Day recognized by UNESCO is celebrated all across the world only by October 5th, and not in 2nd May. Why our country choose to be different? There is a reason for choosing 2nd May. It is because 2nd May coincides with the birth anniversary of great third dragon king of Bhutan (father of modern education). To mark this, Bhutan celebrates its Teacher's Day on the 2nd of May, the birth anniversary of His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. I would like to wish Happy Teacher’s Day to all the teachers who have taught me before, as well as even to all my university lecturers.  I believe their hard works on lecturing and guiding us through our education should be noted and appreciated even though they get paid for the job. Now, I kind of having a feeling or desire to meet back some of my former teachers. They must be very proud and happy that their former students (us) are now in successful path after their contribution in the past that would be never forgotten. 

I have never personally say thanks to my teachers for their dedication and service to us, so, I would take this opportunity to thank them. You all are so very special, so, this comes to know that you are loved a lot for the ways you have make me bloom.

I am proud to be your student.


Sir Ugyen
Sir Tshering(yuh mi teacher wen I was in class IV, I dun know wea u my teacher)
Sir Thinley Phuntsho.
Sir Tandin.
Sir Sujit.
Sir sujit.
Sir Raika.
Sir Murali.
Sir Michel
Sir Karma.
Sir Karma Galey
Sir Jas.
Sir Jagat.
Sir Goash.
Sir Bijoy.
Maam PM
Maam Leki.
Maam Hari.
Maam Chimmi.
Ma’am Kesang.
Ma’am Dechen.
Lopen Nima.
Lopen Lama
LM Mishra sir.

Happy Teacher’s Day once again, to all the dedicated teachers in Bhutan!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy teachers day!!!

Pema said...

nice article...
happy teachers day!!!

Rupa Gurung said...

tnxx asii Pema, wish you a very happy teachers day... love u n mis u lot.. :)